What information is required at the time of making application?

A Certificate of Service or Certificate of Discharge is required. If the applicant is the spouse of a serving member, then a Marriage Certificate will be required.


Where can I obtain a Certificate of Service or Certificate of Discharge?

Service Records can be obtained from:

RAAF Personnel Records
Department of Defence
Queanbeyan Annex
Canberra ACT 2600

Phone: (02) 6266 5965


Who can be accommodated in Trust premises?

Tenants are determined by the Trustees on the basis of their eligibility and degree of need.


What amount of rent is payable?

Trustees have set the rental at a percentage of income - with the percentage varying depending upon eligibility.


Do rents change from time to time?

Rents are reviewed annually (November/December), to take effect from 1 January each year, or when major changes occur in tenant income.


Do I have to pay rent if I am away on holidays?

Yes. If your belongings remain in the unit, rent needs to be paid.


What costs will I incur during my tenancy?

Tenants pay for their own electricity, gas, phone, internet, cable TV and any other services to which they subscribe, as well as the replacement of all internal light globes.


What property costs will I incur during my tenancy?

The Trust pays all costs associated with the property. This includes water and sewerage, maintenance, security lighting and lawn mowing, but does not include gardening, which tenants usually prefer to maintain of their own accord.


Is there insurance coverage for my belongings?

No. Contents insurance is the responsibility of the tenant.


Does the Trust assist with removal expenses?



Can I get a loan from the RAAF Veterans' Residences Trust?

No. The Trust does not make cash grants or loans to individuals.


What happens if my health deteriorates?

If your mental of physical health deteriorates to such a degree that you are incapable of looking after yourself, then you are required to seek alternative accommodation. The Trust does not provide welfare or medical services.


Can I let a family member stay with me?

On condition that the Trust has been advised in advance. For further information on this matter, please contact the Secretary on (03) 9256 0003.


Can I have more than one Trust unit, for instance, in different states?

Once you have been granted one unit, your necessitous circumstances cease, so a second unit cannot be granted.


Is there a system of dispute resolution at the various locations?

Each location has an Advisory Panel that liaises with tenants in the event any problems arise. It then liaises with the Trustees as and when needed.


Is there car parking available?

There is car parking at some locations but not all. Being granted a unit does not automatically mean that a car parking spot goes with it.


Are pets allowed at any of the Trust's locations?

No. The Trustees cannot permit any pets to be accommodated - with or without their owners - and regardless of species and age.