Visit Us Museum Shop Junior Aviator Contact Us
Special Exhibitions Upcoming Displays New Acquisitions
Special Exhibition Heritage Gallery Training Hangar Technology Hangar Hangar 180 External Displays Flying Displays Restoration Projects Behind the Scenes
General Events Aircraft Historical 360° Hangar Views
RAAF Badge RAAF Bases RAAF Units Personnel Records RAAF Aircraft
Volunteers Friends

No 66 Squadron

Equipped with Avro Ansons, No 66 Squadron formed at Bundaberg Queensland in May 1943. The squadron conducted anti-submarine patrols and convoy escort missions off Australia's East Coast for the remainder of the year.

Although its operations were for the most part uneventful, No 66 Squadron did achieve over 1000 operational flying hours before its disbandment in January 1944.

back to top back to RAAF units page