Visit Us Museum Shop Junior Aviator Contact Us
Special Exhibitions Upcoming Displays New Acquisitions
Special Exhibition Heritage Gallery Training Hangar Technology Hangar Hangar 180 External Displays Flying Displays Restoration Projects Behind the Scenes
General Events Aircraft Historical 360° Hangar Views
RAAF Badge RAAF Bases RAAF Units Personnel Records RAAF Aircraft
Volunteers Friends

No 67 Squadron

No 67 Squadron formed at Laverton, Victoria in January 1943, and spent the majority of its relatively short life operating from bases throughout Victoria and Southern New South Wales. Equipped with Avro Ansons, the Squadron conducted anti-submarine patrols and convoy escort missions around Southern Australia for the remainder of the War.

Although operations were mostly routine and uneventful, the minesweeper HMAS Orara was saved from possible attack when No 67 Squadron Ansons dropped their bombs nearby on what they believed to be a Japanese submarine. The previous day a small vessel was torpedoed and sunk in the same area in which HMAS Orara was operating.

No 67 Squadron was disbanded at Laverton in November 1945.

back to top back to RAAF units page