GAF Canberra B.20 A84-236
After retrofitment of modifications at GAF, A84-236 was delivered to No 1 Aircraft Depot on 23 October 1957, and after initial servicings and inspections was allotted to No 82 Wing in April 1958. In May, A84-236 was transferred to No 2 Squadron and subsequently deployed to Butterworth in Malaysia. Returned to GAF at Avalon in 1961 for a mainplane change, A84-236 returned to No 2 Squadron in January 1964 after storage at No 3 Aircraft Depot for six months. In 1966, A84-236 had corrosion repaired at Parafield before issue to No 82 Wing where the aircraft was held in Category B storage until June 1966, when it was returned to active status. In January 1967, A84-236 was allocated to No 2 Squadron once more, and was deployed to Vietnam that April.
Returning to Australia for incorporation of modifications in August 1967, A84-236 was then operated by No 82 Wing until May 1968, when allotted to No 1 (Bomber) Operational Conversion Unit for three months. The aircraft again returned to Vietnam with No 2 Squadron in August 1968. In February 1970, the aircraft returned for service with No 1 (Bomber) Operational Conversion Unit for another short period, and then went back to No 2 Squadron later that year. In 1976, A84-236 was transferred to the Aircraft Research and Development Unit at Edinburgh, until its return to No 2 Squadron in August 1980.
In July 1982, approval was granted to convert the airframe to an exhibit at the RAAF Museum, and A84-236 was ferried to Point Cook later that year. A84-236 has been maintained by the RAAF Museum in taxiable condition and is regularly displayed at Point Cook.