Visit Us Museum Shop Junior Aviator Contact Us
Special Exhibitions Upcoming Displays New Acquisitions
Special Exhibition Heritage Gallery Training Hangar Technology Hangar Hangar 180 External Displays Flying Displays Restoration Projects Behind the Scenes
General Events Aircraft Historical 360° Hangar Views
RAAF Badge RAAF Bases RAAF Units Personnel Records RAAF Aircraft
Volunteers Friends

Port Pirie

Formed to provide bombing and gunnery training for pilots, air observers and air gunners, No 2 Bombing and Gunnery School was located at Port Pirie, and was renamed No 3 Air Observers School in December 1943. At the conclusion of World War II, the base also housed No 5 Central Recovery Depot, and after the disposal of aircraft and stores, operations at the base ceased early 1947.

Back to RAAF Bases