Visit Us Museum Shop Junior Aviator Contact Us
Special Exhibitions Upcoming Displays New Acquisitions
Special Exhibition Heritage Gallery Training Hangar Technology Hangar Hangar 180 External Displays Flying Displays Restoration Projects Behind the Scenes
General Events Aircraft Historical 360° Hangar Views
RAAF Badge RAAF Bases RAAF Units Personnel Records RAAF Aircraft
Volunteers Friends

Uranquinty

Historical photo of the base

Selected as the location for No 5 Service Flying Training School in February 1941, flying training had commenced at the base within a year. Until training ended in 1945, 1515 graduate pilots were produced by the unit. With the end of World War II, activity at Uranquinty ceased by 1947. In 1951, the RAAF returned to Uranquinty, with No 1 Basic Flying Training School operating from the base until 1958.

Back to RAAF Bases