467 Squadron formed in England on 7 November 1942. The Squadron's Lancaster's flew their first mission on the 3 January 1943 with in a mine laying operation off the French Coast, followed by a bombing attack three nights later. Operations continued against German, French and Italian targets throughout 1943 and it was not until April that the Squadron sustained its first operational loss, when Lacester ED780 crashed at Thieuloy L'Abbaye while on a bombing raid.To cover the landing of Allied forces in France, 467 Squadron operated against coastal batteries on the invasion beaches, and continued to bomb targets ahead of the advancing ground forces.
As the Squadron had gained a reputation for its accurate bombing, the Lancasters were regularly tasked with attacking the Dortmund-Ems Canal. This vital German transport link was extremely well defended, as demonstrated by an attack in March 1945. During this raid, three of the fifteen Lancaster's dispatched against the Canal were lost to night fighters which, on this occasion, pursued the bombers almost back to their base in England.
The Squadron's final attacks were flown against targets in Czecklosovakia and Norway, and following the end of hostilities, the Lancasters began the task of ferrying of liberated POWs to England. The Squadron disbanded on 30 September 1945