RAAF Williams is approximately 23 km west of Melbourne CBD and covers 148 ha in the suburb of Laverton and was originally established to support the greater rate of flying and maintenance activities after the formation of the RAAF in 1921. The military airfield at RAAF Williams was decommissioned and has now been developed into a new suburb – Williams Landing.
The following are based at RAAF Williams.
- 8/7 Royal Victorian Regiment (Army Reserve)
- Air Force Band
- Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group
- Chief Information Officer Group
- Defence Force School of Languages
- Defence International Training Centre
- Defence Publishing Services
- Security and Estate Group
- Headquarters Air Force Training Group
- Joint Logistics Command
- Joint Logistics Unit - Victoria
- Visit the Defence Aircraft Noise website or call 1300 DEFENCE (1300 333 362).
- See Flying Operations to view major training exercises and flying activities.
- Read the F-35A Flying Operations Approval and Conditions.