RAAF Base Edinburgh is located 25 kms north of Adelaide.
It is primarily home to the AP-3C Orion and P-8A Poseidon aircraft (managed by No 92 Wing) which conduct surveillance operations throughout Australia's airspace, and Aerospace Operational Support Group Headquarters.
RAAF Base Edinburgh is also home to:
- No 453 Squadron Edinburgh Flight - air traffic control
- No 24 (City of Adelaide) Squadron - airbase support
- No 87 Squadron - intelligence
- No 292 Squadron - sensor operator training
- No 3 Security Forces Squadron, Headquarters
- No 1 Remote Sensor Unit - Jindalee Operational Radar Network
- No 1 Expeditionary Health Squadron Detachment Edinburgh
- No 1 Combat Communication Squadron Flight Edinburgh
Air Force has an honest and open approach to aircraft noise that may affect neighbours of our bases and training areas.
Our pilots and crews operate their aircraft in a way that minimises aircraft noise, and we freely distribute information about aircraft noise, such as Australian Noise Exposure Forecast (ANEF) maps.
For more information, visit the Defence Aircraft Noise website or call 1300 DEFENCE (1300 333 362).
See Flying Operations to view major training exercises and flying activities.