The CAC Winjeel is a part of the Royal Australian Air Force Museum's heritage aircraft fleet.

Completed in September 1956, A85-439 was test flown at Avalon by the Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation (CAC), before issue to No 1 Aircraft Depot at RAAF Laverton on 4 November 1956. On 21 November, the aircraft was delivered to No 1 Basic Flying Training School at Uranquinty, for use in the training role. In June 1957, the aircraft was allotted to Base Squadron Edinburgh for use by the Air Trials Unit. After servicing by Maintenance Squadron Edinburgh, the aircraft went to Woomera, again with the Air Trials Unit.

A85-439 then returned to Point Cook for modifications, before returning to Woomera in December 1958. In March 1961, whilst still at No 1 Air Trials Unit, the aircraft carried out a forced landing due to engine failure, and sustained minor damage. During March 1964 the aircraft was transferred to No 2 Air Trials Unit at Edinburgh until January 1965 when the aircraft was allotted to No 1 Basic Flying Training School, now at Point Cook.

In December of that year, the aircraft returned to Fishermens Bend for servicing by CAC. Returning to Point Cook in April, A85-439 alternated between storage and operational use with No 1 Flying Training School, as the unit was now called, to evenly spread flying hours across the Winjeel fleet. In August 1972, A85-439 was transferred to East Sale, returning to Point Cook in March 1973. In August 1977, with the retirement of the Winjeel in the training role, the aircraft was converted to a training aid, and issued to the RAAF School of Technical Training at Wagga Wagga.

In April 1994, A85-439 was transported by road to Winrye Aviation, Bankstown Airport for partial restoration, which was completed in January 1995. Ferried back to Point Cook via Wagga, the restoration was finished off and test flying completed by January 1996. A85-439 has been operated by the RAAF Museum Historic Flight in displays since that time.