The team is always looking for people to join the wonderful volunteers at the RAAF Museum.
Volunteers are vital to the smooth running of the RAAF Museum. They take part in a range of activities including:
- acting as tour guides
- assisting visitors
- helping in research
- assisting with technical projects such as restoration and aircraft cleaning.
An understanding of Air Force history is helpful but not essential. Reliability, ability to work as part of a team, and enthusiasm are important.
Volunteer information sessions are held three times a year in March, July, and October. The sessions provide an overview of different areas of the RAAF Museum and available opportunities. Induction sessions for new volunteers are held three times a year in April, August, and October.
The Friends of the RAAF Museum are a vital ingredient in the future development of the Museum. People can choose to participate more actively by becoming Host Officers and helping with various restoration projects, or they can become supporting members by contributing an annual fee that helps fund the overall Museum activities.
There are many benefits to becoming a Friend of the RAAF Museum, including:
- opportunity of being part of one of Melbourne's most popular visitor attractions
- work with one of the best collections of historical aircraft in the world
- receive a quarterly publication, Aerogram, updates Friends on all Museum news
- receive a free Museum calendar each year
- have free admission to Museum air displays
- receive 15% discount in the Museum Shop.
Visit the official Friends of the RAAF Museum website for more information.
Get in touch
To find out more, request a copy of the Friends of the RAAF Museum brochure or to become a volunteer, please get in touch:
- by phone during business hours on (03) 8348 6341 (Volunteer Coordinator)
- by email at RAAF.MuseumInfo@defence.gov.au
If interested in volunteering, please use the word "volunteer" in the email subject line.