Applications for media accreditation are now open for the Edinburgh Air Show on 9 and 10 November 2019 and the Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Day on 8 November 2019 at RAAF Base Edinburgh.
Defence grants media accreditation to media representatives who are employed by established commercial print and electronic media organisations who wish to attend these activities as part of their professional duties. Applications from freelance media personnel will also be considered by Defence. Freelance media includes aviation photographers and videographers, aviation writers (print and online) and web TV producers and aviation podcasters.
Media accreditation carries with it an expectation that content will be published in a reasonable, but timely manner.
Accreditation will not be granted to:
• Photographers or photojournalists who wish to use material for their own commercial or promotional purposes i.e. personal websites, blogs or social media accounts.
• Spouses and other guests of working media.
• Applicants under 18 years old.
Freelance media interested in accreditation to these activities are asked to complete the application form below.
1. Complete the Media Accreditation Application Form
2. Supply a recent photo
3. Email completed Application Form and photo to: 28SQN.mediaops [at] defence.gov.au
4. Applications for media accreditation close on Friday, 25 October 2019.
Applications for media accreditation should include the following:
• A letter on company letterhead or email from the assigning editor/s confirming the applicant's assignment and outlining the company's intention to publish or air the reports/photos.
• On request, examples of previously published relevant work.
Accredited media representatives will receive:
• complimentary access to the STEM Day on 8 November 2019 and/or Edinburgh Air Show 9 and 10 November 2019;
• media parking (limited spaces available);
• access to media enclosure at Edinburgh Air Show (prime photographic location);
• souvenir program for the Edinburgh Air Show; and
• assistance arranging interviews and photo opportunities with Defence members and assets.
• Issued media accreditation will be personalised and require photo ID in order to be collected at the main entrance to RAAF Base Edinburgh.
• Defence reserves the right to grant or refuse applications for media accreditation at their sole discretion.
If you have any questions about media accreditation, please contact:
Flight Lieutenant Marina Lysenko
Phone: 0478 301 680
Email: 28SQN.mediaops [at] defence.gov.au
Phone: (02) 6127 1999
Email: media [at] defence.gov.au