The Australian Defence Force (ADF) returns to the Adelaide 500 circuit this year with its popular displays of colourful, high-tech equipment both on and above ADF Oval.
See the spectacular No 2 Operational Conversion Unit F/A-18 Hornet with thrilling aerial handling displays on Saturday and Sunday. The ever popular Air Force Roulettes aerobatics team will also showcase their impressive moves above the crowds on both race days.
RAAF Base Edinburgh No 3 Security Forces also return with a Military Working Dog and Handler.
The Air Force will be offering an exciting flying experience on the ground this year with the F/A-18F Super Hornet Flight Simulator Display. You will have the opportunity to ‘fly’ an F/A-18F Super Hornet Simulator, as well as participate in a Virtual Reality pilot demonstrator, try on Aircraft Life Support equipment and play Air Traffic Control games.
Also making its debut this year at the Adelaide 500 is the Army’s M1A1 Abrams Tank from 1st Brigade – a beast of a military machine that will take pride and place on ADF Oval. See the new generation field vehicles and an armoured personnel carrier, together with a static infantry section display with weaponry.
The roaring engines of Team Army’s street machines always draw a massive crowd to ADF Oval during the Adelaide 500, but it’s the high powered track demonstrations that gets the blood pumping – and this year will be no different.
Entertaining the crowds will be the South Australian detachment of the Royal Australian Navy Band, with musical performances on both race days.
Alongside the ADF displays this year will also be a Veterans Support Area, where veterans and families can connect with major veterans support organisations such as the RSL, Legacy and Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
The Australian Defence Force display is adjacent the Concert Oval, and near Feature Race Paddock 1, and Sideshow Alley.
How do I get there?
The closest entry gate is Gate 2 or 3, off Angas Street or Gate 7 off Dequetteville Terrace.
AUSTRALIAN DEFENCE FORCE DISPLAY ATTRACTION TIMES
- Thursday 2:15pm - 2:30pm: Army’s Project Digger and Armygeddon street machines on track
- Friday 2:15pm - 2:30pm: Army’s Project Digger and Armygeddon street machines on track
- Saturday 10:55am - 11:10am: Roulettes aerobatic team display
- Saturday 1:40pm - 1:55pm: Army’s Project Digger and Armygeddon street machines on track
- Saturday 2:55pm - 3:05pm: F/A-18 fast jet display
- Sunday 10:45am - 11:00am: Roulettes aerobatic team display
- Sunday 1:35pm - 1:50pm: Army’s Project Digger and Armygeddon street machines on track
- Sunday 2:55pm - 3:05pm: F/A-18 fast jet aircraft display
- Sunday 3:10pm - 3:15pm: F/A-18 flypast National Anthem Salute