Date and timings
- Saturday 29 October and/or Sunday 30 October 2022 as per the tickets.
- Gates to the Air Tattoo will open at 9 am. Last Entry will be at 3:00 pm and the site will close at 4:30 pm.
- Carpark gates will open at 08:30 am.
- The flying program has two similar sessions: 10 am-12:30 pm and 1:30 pm-4:00 pm to allow flexibility on arrival and departure.
Amenities and services
- There's an extensive range of aircraft and other military equipment on display, as well as Memorabilia vendors.
- Food and drink will be available for purchase from commercial vendors. Personal food in appropriate sized containers may also be brought. BBQs or cooking equipment are not allowed.
- Under cover seating will be available at the food court.
- Toilets including disabled access will be available.
- Visitors to the event should be aware that the Air Tattoo is not held on a purpose built site and may pose challenges for those with mobility issues. Every effort has been made to make the site as accessible as possible, however, there are uneven surfaces throughout the site.
- Police, first aid and fire services will be on-site.
What to bring
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, closed shoes (for grassy, possibly muddy areas) and water bottle (free refills will be available)
- Ear muffs/plugs, especially for small children
- Cameras but no Drones.
- If desired, personal food in appropriate sized containers.
- Fold-up chairs if desired. Seating is available at the food court but there is no grandstand or other seating for the flying displays.
What not to bring
- Alcohol, drugs, illegal items – see full list at Conditions of entry page.
- BBQs, Stoves and other cooking devices.
- Please also note IAAT 2022 will be a non-smoking event including e-cigarettes.
- The Air Tattoo site at RAAF Amberley is located next to the runway and includes paved and grass areas. The rainfall and the useability of the grassed areas is being closely monitored, especially for parking. There are contingency plans for some alternate car-parking.
- If the weather is suitable for flying but not for public access, most aircraft will fly the planned route over the viewing hubs at Ipswich, Springfield and Rosewood – please see further information at viewing hubs page.
- In the worst case of unsuitable weather, the entire event will be cancelled and unfortunately there are no options for an alternative date due to other commitments. This will be a last resort and attendees will be notified via email and other public announcements.
- If the Air Tattoo is cancelled before commencement of the event the buyers will be entitled to a full refund of the ticket price.