The Australian Defence Force will conduct heightened military operations in Queensland during July 2019, including around RAAF Base Townsville, Rockhampton, and the Shoalwater Bay area.
Rockhampton and Shoalwater Bay Area
There will be light towers, high pressure water and vehicle operations between 7am and 10pm from July until early August at Defence Establishment Rockhampton. All efforts will be made to focus light inwards and control the volume of any activities.
The planned flying dates and time frames for rotary and fixed wing aircraft are as follows:
- 5-21 July – 17 rotary wing movements during hours of darkness near Rockhampton Airport and Shoalwater Bay Area
- 7-10 July – morning, afternoon and evening
- 11 July – very early morning and afternoon
- 13-14 July – very early morning, afternoon and evening
- 16-21 July – very early morning and afternoon
- 24-27 July – morning, afternoon and evening
- 7-27 July – various aircraft movements within Shoalwater Bay area
- Late July – increased aircraft movements of military aircraft at Rockhampton Airport (fixed and rotary)
RAAF Base Townsville will conduct heightened military flying operations during the period 7-27 July 2019 during Exercise Talisman Sabre.
The planned flying dates and time frames for rotary and fixed wing aircraft at RAAF Base Townsville and surrounds are as follows:
- 5-10 July – morning, afternoon, and late evening
- 11 July – morning and afternoon
- 13-14 July – morning, afternoon, and evening
- 24-27 July – morning, afternoon, and evening
For more information on Royal Australian Air Force flying activities contact the RAAF Base Townsville Airbase Command Post on (07) 4572 1888 or 0418 405 948.
All flying is subject to change due to factors such as weather or operational considerations.