Air Force 2021 – Centenary of Air Force
On 31 March 2021, the Royal Australian Air Force will mark 100 years as an independent service. This is an important time to reflect on our enduring contribution to Australia's national security.
In 2021, Air Force will reach out to the Australian nation with an exciting program of selected events and initiatives. There will be a specific focus on youth engagement. Our campaign will:
• honour the service and sacrifices of our people during the last 100 years,
• engage the Australian community and demonstrate today’s highly capable force, and
• inspire young Australians to consider the range of opportunities in a future networked force.
Planning for the centenary is gathering pace. To coincide with the Avalon 2019 Australian International Airshow, we released our first Centenary video which highlights our enduring support to the nation: Then, Now, Always.
Our next steps in planning for 2021 will be to:
• explore options for Youth engagement activities,
• continue discussions with Defence industry on potential partnerships for initiatives,
• meet State and Territory Government tourism and major events agencies to discuss options for Air Force involvement in significant public events during 2021, and
• develop options for local activities at RAAF bases.
Air Force has come a long way in the first 100 years. Imagine what the next century will bring!
To connect with the centenary planning team, or to sign up to receive our updates, email: RAAF.email@example.com