Regional and remote engagement
During the centenary year, Air Force will reach out well beyond our bases. We will visit areas that do not see us very often.
The regional and remote engagement program will provide exciting opportunities to:
• meet Air Force members
• look through our aircraft
• and learn more about Air Force’s work in Australia and across the world.
Some engagement activities will focus on inspiring interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
As we look at options for this engagement program, we will consider factors including:
• youth and indigenous engagement opportunities
• the timing of regional festivals and events
• local airfield facilities
• seasonal/weather conditions
• and any relevant historic links (such as locations of WWII bases).
When Air Force shortlists preferred options, we will meet with local councils, other regional and State or Territory authorities, and Indigenous elders.
Time and resources will limit our engagement program. As visits are confirmed, we’ll make sure that regional communities know we’re coming and have every opportunity to meet us.
Stay updated by visiting this website. You can also sign up to receive our updates by emailing: RAAF.2021 [at] defence.gov.au