RAAF Undergraduates who wish to travel overseas on leave are required to complete form AB644 Notification of Proposed Overseas Travel.

All Defence personnel should, before undertaking any overseas travel, consult the DFAT travel advice to obtain the most up-to-date information applicable to their planned itinerary. You will also need to have a security briefing and should liaise with your ROIC to arrange this.

Private Travel by ADF Members
The Chief of the Defence Force has directed that Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel are not to travel to areas of war-like operations while undertaking private travel overseas, or to any country to which the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) has issued the highest levels of travel warning including the following descriptions:

We (DFAT) advise you to reconsider your need to travel to [country]
We (DFAT) strongly advise you not to travel to [country].

Please be advised that your travel must be approved prior to you paying. Approval is based upon the above advice and refusal is likely in the above circumstances. Do not make arrangements before obtaining approval, otherwise you may find you have paid for a holiday, but will not be able to go. Defgram 649/2005 dated 29 November 2005 refers.

Travel Allowances
RAAF Undergraduates may be entitled to travel allowance in circumstances where the student travels between a primary and secondary place of duty. The primary place of duty is regarded as the university/hospital at which the undergraduate is studying or contracted to. Secondary duty would be a destination to which they travel to or from with their study or placement (return on approved duty), eg, hospital rotations, clinical placements.

All travel allowance claims are to be submitted through your ROIC and approved by UTW1. Travel allowances are detailed in the Pay and Conditions Manual (PACMAN), Volume 1, Chapter 4.