Visit Us Museum Shop Junior Aviator Contact Us
Special Exhibitions Upcoming Displays New Acquisitions
Special Exhibition Heritage Gallery Training Hangar Technology Hangar Hangar 180 External Displays Flying Displays Restoration Projects Behind the Scenes
General Events Aircraft Historical 360° Hangar Views
RAAF Badge RAAF Bases RAAF Units Personnel Records RAAF Aircraft
Volunteers Friends

Guildford

Historical photo of the base

Selected as a location for a civil airport in 1938, Guildford was developed as a military airfield to provide fighter defence for Perth during World War II. A temporary home for Nos 77, 452 and 457 Squadrons, Guildford was the permanent home of No 85 Squadron between March 1943 and the end of 1945. In 1952, the airfield was renamed Perth International Airport.

Back to RAAF Bases