Visit Us Museum Shop Junior Aviator Contact Us
Special Exhibitions Upcoming Displays New Acquisitions
Special Exhibition Heritage Gallery Training Hangar Technology Hangar Hangar 180 External Displays Flying Displays Restoration Projects Behind the Scenes
General Events Aircraft Historical 360° Hangar Views
RAAF Badge RAAF Bases RAAF Units Personnel Records RAAF Aircraft
Volunteers Friends

Macrossan

Historical photo of the base

Built as a 'permanent' base, Macrossan had a major role as the home for No 8 Stores Depot from mid-1944 until early 1949. In addition, Nos 10 and 12 Repair and Salvage Units briefly occupied the base, and Nos 84 and 86 Squadrons were also tenants while reforming. After the disbandment of No 8 Stores Depot, the base continued to be used as a depot for elements of the Australian Army based in Townsville.

Back to RAAF Bases