Visit Us Museum Shop Junior Aviator Contact Us
Special Exhibitions Upcoming Displays New Acquisitions
Special Exhibition Heritage Gallery Training Hangar Technology Hangar Hangar 180 External Displays Flying Displays Restoration Projects Behind the Scenes
General Events Aircraft Historical 360° Hangar Views
RAAF Badge RAAF Bases RAAF Units Personnel Records RAAF Aircraft
Volunteers Friends

Rathmines

Historical photo of the base

Formed in 1939, the RAAF Station at Rathmines became one of the major flying boat bases for the RAAF during World War II, and housed Nos 9, 11, 20, 40,41, 43 and 107 Squadrons at various stages during the war. Following World War II, Rathmines was used as a training base, and the Officers' Training School formed there in 1950. In the early 1960s, Rathmines was closed and the site was sold.

Back to RAAF Bases