RAAF Base Wagga has been an integral part of the Wagga Wagga community since 1940. RAAF Wagga delivers:
- initial military training through No 1 Recruit Training Unit
- initial and post-initial employment training for ADF aviation maintenance personnel through the RAAF School of Technical Training
- initial and post-initial employment training for Air Force members specialising in logistics and personnel capability management through the RAAF School of Administration and Logistics Training
- post-graduate education across enlisted personnel and officers through the School of Postgraduate Studies.
These training endeavours are supported by:
- Headquarters Ground Academy, providing command oversight, training development, personnel services, logistics, chaplaincy, and physical training
- No 31 Squadron, providing key management functions as the Airbase Operations Squadron
- Wagga Health Centre, providing medical and dental support to base personnel
- a station of the Joint Military Police Unit, providing military policing functions across the base in support of command
- other Service groups including representatives of Security and Estate Group and Chief Information Officer Group, and their contractors.
Noise abatement procedures and strategies for RAAF Base Wagga are outlined in the RAAF Base Wagga Aircraft Noise Management Plan.