ISR and Electronic Warfare
The Air Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) and Electronic Warfare program supports the development and exploitation of joint and combined Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, including an integrated air picture.
We are developing capabilities that strengthen our ability to operate in contested and complex ISR and electromagnetic environments.
- Upgrades to the EA-18G Growler electronic attack capability
- Upgrades and enhancements to the Jindalee Operational Radar Network which provides wide area surveillance of the air and sea approaches to northern Australia
- The acquisition of the MQ-9B Sky Guardian Remotely Piloted Aircraft and the MC-55A Peregrine capabilities.
In addition, there is new or additional investment in:
- An expansion of the JORN radar in Longreach QLD to provide broader coverage into the South-West Pacific
- Acquisition of additional crewed and un-crewed ISR aircraft
- Replacement and expanded airborne electronic attack aircraft
- The development and delivery of un-crewed air vehicles with mission specific ISR payloads.
This means more crewed and un-crewed aircraft and aerial systems, to provide increased surveillance and reconnaissance effects in support of Joint Force command and control.